Business Development Director
Who are we? Axilion harnesses the power of AI to help cities take control of their mobility challenges. Our cutting-edge X WAY suite of AI Cloud Services (SaaS), available through Microsoft Azure, generates real-time traffic insights and optimized traffic plans, enhancing urban livelihood. We utilize powerful Digital Twin technology alongside extraordinary AI to reduce traffic-related emissions, eliminate peak-time traffic congestion, prioritize eco-friendly travel modes, and cut travel time by up to 40%. Axilion customizes smart mobility for any city and helps to bring visions of smarter, greener, and more efficient visions to life. The role We are seeking a Business Development Director in Germany who will lead business development for our X Way Cloud Services to our target audience of transit, cities, and government. The position will be responsible for achieving targeted sales, developing and managing partnerships with the mobility ecosystem such as OEMs, fleets, and other relevant stakeholders. The Business Development Director will be responsible to grow our business by generating great and relevant sales opportunities.
- Develop alliances and partnerships with OEM’s, fleets, and other mobility partners.
- Leveraging partnerships to develop and execute sales plans.
- Managing regional sales activities within Germany with existing and new accounts.
- Defining and executing targeted account sales plans and growth strategies.
- Investigating and driving new business opportunities.
- Leading teams to prepare proposals and responses to the RFIs, RFPs.
- Generating opportunities and revenue within assigned territories and uncovering new opportunities within the territory through direct and partner sales activities.
- Maintaining strong customer relationships with all buying influencers and decision-makers.
- Presenting to Customers and Prospects a complete product & solution range.
- Working closely with Product Management, Axilion’s senior management, and customers to provide insight on customer/market needs and drivers.
- Providing relevant & critical information/documentation in a timely manner.
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues, and products.
- Assisting in coordinating all commercial and technical issues relating to pilots and other types of evaluations.
- Forecasting sales with online tools, focusing on sales growth.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 5 years of direct sales experience involving consultative software & solution sales within government accounts.
- Background and experience in government funding and sales cycles in ITS or related fields.
- Hunter Mentality: an exceptionally strong desire to bring new customers to Axilion and maximize revenue. Self-sufficient with entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to develop and manage a sales pipeline with a proven track record of handling and closing transactions simultaneously.
- Skilled at creating and executing prospecting strategies for discovering new accounts.
- Skilled in contract negotiation and the ability to effectively manage sales activities from initial contact through closing of the business.
- Excellent presentation skills and a persuasive communication style.
- Presenting and discussing solutions with C-level Executives and other decision-makers.
- Strong interpersonal skills in building and maintaining collaborative relationships with cross-functional & cross-cultural teams.
- A track record of success in achieving and exceeding quotas.
- Flexibility to travel frequently to customer meetings and events.
- Candidate must be self-sufficient and comfortable working in a startup-type environment.