Senior Algorithm Developer
Haifa, Israel - R&D
Axilion combines Artificial Intelligence and Traffic Engineering expertise to develop a unique Urban Transportation Digital Twin. Our SaaS platform offers traffic signal optimization and carbon emission reduction for congested cities around the world. With two successful overseas pilots of key technology building blocks and a complete product pilot about to conclude, our 2022 commercial launch is just around the corner – and so this is an exciting time to join our team! Company Management & AI/Algo teams located at Matam Haifa, with additional branches in Bulgaria and the US.
About the Role/What you’ll do We are looking for a highly motivated, bright, and enthusiastic individual, to: Axilion’s solution has multiple layers, including the collection and interpretation of data from around the city, a state of the art C++ road simulator and an optimization algorithm that reduces congestion and emissions. You will take a major role in developing our optimization algorithm, one of the pillars of our traffic solution, from the reward/loss function definition stage all the way to the actual implementation and comparison to results in real life. You will innovate in improving our state of the art road simulator and driver behaviour module, and take part in our many current and future projects.
- Msc/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Knowledge of Python, at least 4 years of experience
- Experience with optimization algorithms
- Experience with training neural networks
- Great team player
- Independent & quick decision-making abilities, sound judgement for raising flags on time
- Ability to work under pressure and in a dynamic environment
- Experience with reinforcement learning – advantage
- Experience with random processes – advantage
- Experience with C++ – advantage