Who are we? Axilion harnesses the power of AI to help cities take control of their mobility challenges. Our cutting-edge X WAY suite of AI Cloud Services (SaaS), available through Microsoft Azure, generates real-time traffic insights and optimized traffic plans, enhancing urban livelihood. We utilize powerful Digital Twin technology alongside extraordinary AI to reduce traffic-related emissions, eliminate peak-time traffic congestion, prioritize eco-friendly travel modes, and cut travel time by up to 40%. Axilion customizes smart mobility for any city and helps to bring visions of smarter, greener, and more efficient visions to life. We are seeking a talented and experienced VP R&D.
- Define R&D strategy and methodologies, optimize the work process and efficiency
- Direct responsibility for R&D deliveries; high-quality software solutions in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Design solutions, evaluate architecture options, set technical direction and quality standards, hands-on guide implementation
- Lead R&D teams with over 30 members
- Build a collaborative team environment and instill an inspirational and fun culture within the organization
- Develop and grow talent through effective mentoring, coaching, succession planning and retention strategies for key talent
- Lead process changes to improve group performance and effectiveness
- Take ownership of the group’s growth and recruiting process
- Contribute to the company’s global management and strategic direction. See the bigger picture and take part in building the company’s roadmap.
- Substantial experience in managing and scaling R&D teams in startup environments
- Previous success at getting complex AI and SaaS product to market
- 8+ years of hands-on industry experience in software development (Azure, PyTorch)
- Strong knowledge of architectural principles, coding standards, and design patterns
- Team player with strong leadership abilities who is passionate about empowering people
- Hands-on state of mind and a passion for technological leadership – a must!
- Experience in managing remote teams