About Us/This is Us Axilion combines Artificial Intelligence and Traffic Engineering expertise to develop a unique Urban Transportation Digital Twin. Our SaaS platform offers traffic signal optimization and carbon emission reduction for congested cities around the world. With two successful overseas pilots of key technology building blocks and a complete product pilot about to conclude, our 2023 focus is US product commercial deployment. Company management, BD & R&D teams are in Haifa with additional Business Development in the US, R&D & Professional Services in Sofia Bulgaria.
About the Role/What you’ll do As the Product Manager, in concert with VP Product, you will be responsible for designing and launching new product features across Axilion’s X Way solutions. In this position, you will build scalable, successful products that directly improve the lives of our customers. You will work hand-in-hand with the R&D team & Traffic engineers to achieve this goal. The position will report directly to the CEO as acting VP Product. You will:
- Co-define and own the product development roadmap
- Assisted by UI studio, Traffic Engineering and system architects – Transform product requirements into features
- Define and communicate product plans from conception to launch
- Proactively filling communication gaps among all team members
- Present product to potential customers & partners, embed feedback into product
- Contributing to technical conversations around deadlines and engineering solutions
- Understand Axilion’s customer’s experience, multi-faceted operations, transportation ecosystem, competitive differentiation, and the role we play now and into the future in shaping the future of traffic management
- Research how the industry evolves, incorporate this into our product’s thinking
- 2+ years experience working within Agile-Scrum R&D environment as Product Owner in a startup or a medium-size SaaS company
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in either computer science/engineering, a quantitative domain like math/stats/physics)
- A technical background (at least 3 years). Customer interaction – an advantage
- Discipline, knowledge, and passion for product innovation. Transportation/new mobility background – an advantage
- Significant experience in creating cloud-based operational products
- Ability to demonstrate superior organization skills, allowing you to stay on top of your work and your team’s deliverables and dependencies.
- Experience in a small to medium-sized startup. Experience working with teams in different locations – An advantage.
- An interest in constantly developing and learning.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- The ability to question, understand and challenge software implementation decisions and priorities.